Okay, it's been a few weeks since I reported on the spec script, so I thought I'd post an update.
You'l recall that I allocated fifty hours for this project. As of today, I've finished thirty-nine hours.
As expected, the rest of November was just crap for getting work done. Wafflefest/ALX blew out the weekend of the 20th, and Thanksgiving blew out the weekend of the 27th. Hell, both of those weekends blew out days on either *side* of their respective weekends, what with perparations beforehand and recovery afterwards.
Apart from those disasters, the work has been fairly steady. Two hours of writing at the end of the day is just fine. Three hours is a bit of a strain. Four hours (on the rare occasions I have enough time to attempt it) pretty much liquefies my brain. Again, I try to putter through my usual artsy hobbies as efficiently as I can manage, making room for a chunk of writing-time at the end of the day.
Improv is the main time-vampire right now, which is fine by me. I have Dickens rehearsals on Wednesday nights, and Saturdays are pretty much improv all day: Arabian-nights rehearsal in the afternoon, then two Dickens shows immediately afterwards. But if I put in three hours of writing a night on the remaining days, I can still make my fourteen-hours-per-week allotment.
But like I said, putting in three hours at the end of the day is a bit of a strain. In some ways, it feels like a sixteen-hour workday, and it requires scheduling my time with ruthless efficiency. After a long run of three-hour days interspersed with improv-a-thons, a body gets tired.
I could not do this forever.
That said, I should finish the allotment in a week or so. At this point, I've got my outline finished, and I've fixed the big problems I found in that outline. Currently, I'm going scene by scene and listing out answers to these questions:
Mood: diligent · Music: none