Peter Rogers's Blog
Artist-in-Residence at Chez Firth
Thursday (3/3/11) 3:59pm - ... wherein there's another noir rehearsal.
Here are some quick notes from last night's noir rehearsal. The show premieres this Saturday at 8pm at the Hideout Theatre.
- We're still homing in on exactly how much scoring to do. Seems like 'a lot of scoring' is an acceptable target.
- If you're playing a noir character, and you discover that character is 'slightly crazy', try tipping the character to 'very crazy'.
- If you're playing a cop, don't dither about trying to figure out how you're going to gather evidence and what you're going to do next.
- As a 1940s cop, you don't *need* evidence.
- And, as an improvisor, you don't want to bridge. You already *know* the next thing to do, and you should go ahead and skip forward to it.
- Generally, these films don't have *anybody* doing a lot of "stopping and sorting out what to do next".
- Still working on light cues.
- Looks like we want to dim the lights for transitions.
- At the end of a scene where there's a corpse onstage, we want to black out the lights long enough for that performer to leave the stage.
contemplative · Music: