Log in

No account? Create an account

Peter Rogers's Blog
Artist-in-Residence at Chez Firth

Thursday (8/14/08) 6:30pm - ... wherein Peter tries to avoid buying speakers.

Yet another silly tech question.

I was thinking about getting a set of speakers for my phone -- but then I realized that I could just use my computer speakers.  So now I sometimes unplug the speakers from my computer and plug them into the phone instead.

Question:  could I set up a 1/8" Y adaptor of some sort that would take the output from the computer and the output from the phone and combine them together?  That would make the whole plugging/unplugging thing much easier:  the 'out' wire goes to the speaker, one 'in' wire goes to the computer, and the other 'in' wire sits on the desk, where I can easily plug it into the phone.

Does this make sense?  I figured I'd check before I go traipsing off to Fry's to buy wiring.

Okay, I'm an idiot:  I just remembered I have a 4-channel mixer kicking around.  Do you think I could just buy a few 1/8"-to-1/4" adapters, plug them into the mixer, and use that?

Tags: ,
Mood: [mood icon] curious · Music: none
Previous Entry Share Next Entry


[User Picture]
Date:Thursday (8/14/08) 6:30pm
Yes, but I think you get mono instead of stereo.
(Reply to this) (Thread)
[User Picture]
Date:Saturday (8/16/08) 10:46pm
And then he'd be laid up for a month!
(Reply to this) (Parent) (Thread)