Peter Rogers's Blog
Artist-in-Residence at Chez Firth
Tuesday (3/29/11) 9:39am - ... wherein Peter lists webcomics that he likes.
Here's a list of the webcomics I've subscribed to on Google Reader....
- Peanuts with its fourth panel removed = serious angst.
- Chuck & Beans
- Typically in this webcomic, two adorable Shoebox Greetings characters explain why the Internet sucks. This one has a lot of moments of "get OUT OF MY HEAD, cartoonist-man."
- Everything Dies
- A serious webcomic that explores religion -- here's one about a Polish nobleman who was executed for atheism.
- F*ck Yeah Headlines
- "Each weekday I find a headline on a major news site, and illustrate it without reading a word of the story." (Example: "Web site to pay $950,000 for Beatles piracy")
- Garfield Minus Garfield
- Garfield with the cat removed = serious angst. Kevin and I write Garfield Minus Garfield, Explained as a riff on this.
- Hark! A Vagrant!
- As the title implies, this is an odd little literary comic with entries like "Chopin & Liszt".
- Hyperbole and a Half
- Mostly stories about the cartoonist's childhood; most of the drawings are cutesy and adorable; most of the text is insane and disturbing.
- Amusing little charts that explain aspects of everyday life.
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
- This is the sort of humor that emanates from exasperated scientists.
- Stuff No One Told Me
- Good-natured and amusing life lessons, without the smugness that usually goes along with such things.
- Surviving the World
- One man, a blackboard, and whatever is on his mind that day.
- Toothpaste for Dinner
- What xkcd might be if Randall Munroe had to put up with a lot more hipsters. (Also: the ambien walrus.)
- A traditional three-panel comic about working in a library.
- It might be redundant, subscribing to this, since every new comic shows up a half-dozen times on my facebook newsfeed.
- Very excited and very profane monologs about scientific topics. (For example, this post begins with "HOLY SNAPPING DUCK SH*T IT'S A MITOCHONDRION", only without the asterisk.)
amused · Music: